Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information which Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd., 7 Cassino Street, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 3B9, collects through this website (www.yukonorganics.ca) (“Website”). Below are highlights and details of our personal information handling practices.
“Alternate contact” is the person who has the User’s permission to collect the ordered goods on the user’s behalf if the user is not available to pick up the goods himself or herself.
“User” means any individual who accesses the website and:
- registers for an account on the website;
- uses the website platform for any kind of transaction; or
- posts any form of content on the website.
“Visitor” means any individual who accesses the website.
“we", "our" and "us" mean Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd.
"You" or "your" means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
Private Notice Highlights
1. Who We Collect Information From
We currently collect only information provided by a Visitor or User of the Website.
2. What Personal Information We Collect
We collect information:
- That you provide through the forms you fill out during account creation, online customer service enquiries, and surveys;
- That you provide when you submit a payment;
3. How we use and disclose your information
- We use your information to communicate with you and personalize your user experience by sending out periodic emails to you and receiving feedback to improve our Website;
- We may use your information to create aggregated and anonymized data for analytical purposes.
4. How do we obtain your consent
By using our Website, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy. Your consent is the legal basis for our use of your personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Your account settings allow you to change your communication preferences with respect to emails. You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
5. How to contact us
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com.
1. About Us
This website (www.yukonorganics.ca) (“Website”) is operated by Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd., company registration number 1222566-2. We are located at 7 Cassino Street, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 3B9.
We have appointed a Chief Privacy Officer who is accountable for our personal information handling practices. Our Chief Privacy Officer is Scott McKenzie. If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us using our web form using the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What Personal Information We Collect
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. We collect various types of cookies, including but not limited to:
- Essential cookies, including user logins and account management;
- Performance cookies, including analytics and visitor tracking;
- Functional cookies, including language, timezone, enhanced content;
- Targeting/advertising cookies, including content partners, banner networks.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
We collect information that you provide during the registration, and/or at the time at which you update your user profile with additional information. This information includes:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Alternate contact’s name and number
- Credit card information
4. How We Use Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Register your account;
- Authenticate you when you log into your account;
- Coordinate between yourself and other potential customers regarding sharing a shipment;
- Communicate with you about your requests. Your email address which you provided upon registration will be used to notify you of pending orders and approaching shipment deadlines;
- Personalize your user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site;
- Improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
5. Sharing your information to others
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control and for no other purpose.
6. Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your personal information for as long as:
- Your account is active;
- Your personal information is needed to provide you services; or
- It is necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance and audit requirements.
8. Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is correct, complete and up-to-date to the extent we are notified of any changes by you. You can review and update your personal information on our Website. You can assist by keeping us informed of any changes or informing us if you find any errors in our information about you. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party that you are aware of, we would be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information upon your request.
9. Security Measures
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal information uploaded to our Website is transmitted to us using industry standard encryption, which creates a private conversation between your computer and our Website. We authenticate our Website and enable TLS/SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data and transactions.
10. Revision of Policy
This policy may be revised from time to time. We will notify you of material changes prior to such material change being effective, either by e-mail at the address you have provided to us in connection with your registration on our website or by a prominent notice on our Website. Your continued use of our Website, or failure to cancel your account on our Website following such
notification shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
11. Disputes and Complaints
12. Regarding Children and Minors
Our Website is not intended for children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected personal information pertaining to a child under the age of consent in the country where the child is located without valid consent, we will delete such information from our records.
Date: August 17th, 2021
Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- These terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”) explain how you may use this website ("Site"). References in these Terms to the Site includes www.yukonorganics.ca and all associated web pages. You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site. By accessing or using this Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them. If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should cease using the Site immediately. If you have any questions about this website, please contact email@example.com.
- “Clients” means any individual or organization who conducts any activity on the website including but not limited to making purchases, requesting shipments, and creating an account;
- "Content" means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to, subsisting on or accessible from the Site;
- "we", "us" or "our" means Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd., Corporation Number 1222566-2 and whose registered office is at 7 Cassino Street, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 3B9.
- "you" or "your" means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
- This Site is intended for and directed to residents of Canada over the age of 18 years. By agreeing to these terms, you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or older.
- Individuals under the age of 18 years old (“Minor(s)”) may view content on the Site but may not register an account until express written consent from a parent or guardian is provided by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not receive confirmation of consent from a parent or guardian, or if that permission is expressly refused by the parent or guardian, we will delete the Minor’s account and Personal Information. If we delete a Minor’s account, the Minor may not create another account or access or use the Website by any other means until we receive express written consent by a parent or guardian or until they are at least 18 years of age.
- Accessibility -- We seek to make this Site as accessible as possible. If you have any problems accessing this Site or the content contained on it, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Restrictions On Use
- The Site is for your personal use only. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful under applicable law, or prohibited by these Terms;
- not to defame or disparage anyone or make comments of an obscene, derogatory or offensive manner or otherwise use the Site or its Content in a way that brings us or any third party into disrepute or causes us to be liable to any third party;
- not to use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing; and
- that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site and shall be solely responsible for keeping your password and other account details confidential.
- We reserve the right to prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms.
3. Ownership, Use and Intellectual Property Rights
- This Site and all intellectual property rights in the Site (including without limitation any Content) are owned by us and/or our Clients. We and our Clients reserve all our intellectual property rights (which include without limitation all copyright, trade-marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you any rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to manipulate any intellectual property notices contained on the Site and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology contained within any Site Content.
- Trade-Marks - Trade-marks and Trade names may be used on this Site. The use or misuse of any trade-marks or any other Content on the Site except as provided in these Terms is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained on the Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use any trade-mark without our prior written permission.
4. Submitting Information to the Site
- Seller indemnification. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, you (as “Indemnifying Party”) shall indemnify and hold harmless Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd., its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, shareholders, successors and permitted assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Party”) against any and all losses incurred or sustained by Indemnified Party based upon or relating to:
- any breach of or inaccuracies or misrepresentations in any of the representations or warranties of Indemnifying Party in this Agreement;
- any non-fulfillment of any covenant in this Agreement by Indemnifying Party;
- the negligence of willful misconduct of Indemnifying Party; or
- any failure by Indemnifying Party to comply with any applicable federal, provincial, or territorial laws, regulations, or codes in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
5. Accuracy of Information and Availability of the Site
- While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, we do not represent, warrant or promise (whether expressly or by implication) that any Content is or remains available, accurate, complete and up to date, free from bugs, errors or omissions or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk and we may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time at our sole discretion. Nothing in these Terms shall operate to prejudice any mandatory statutory requirement or your statutory rights. Content on the Site is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our services and news, features and other websites, which may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purpose.
- While we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee in any way the Site's continued availability at all times or uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
6. Hyperlinks and Third Party Sites
- The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not constitute an endorsement of such third party's website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
7. Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, WE EXCLUDE ALL LIABILITY (WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR OTHERWISE) WHICH WE MAY OTHERWISE HAVE TO YOU AS A RESULT OF ANY ERROR OR INACCURACIES IN ANY CONTENT, THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE SITE FOR ANY REASON, AND ANY REPRESENTATION OR STATEMENT MADE ON THE SITE.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage we cause which we could not reasonably anticipate when you started using the Site, for example if you lose revenue, salary, profits or reputation as a result of your use of the Site and/or the acts or omissions of any third party such as other users of the Site or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage you may incur in relation to the Site and its Content.
- Yukon Organics Supply House Ltd. does not make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding:
- any organization that it has included in the Website or
- compliance with applicable laws by our Clients; and
- by mentioning the names of our Clients or their products or services on the Website, we are not making any endorsement of that organization or of its products and services.
- Your correspondence and/or ensuing relationship with our Clients, found on or through the Site including but not limited to acceptance of volunteer opportunities, donations of property and participation in events and any other dealings, are solely between you and the Client you choose to deal with. YOU AGREE THAT YUKON ORGANICS SUPPLY HOUSE LTD. WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, COST, DAMAGE, OR OTHER LIABILITY OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH DEALINGS AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST YUKON ORGANICS SUPPLY HOUSE LTD. ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH A CLIENT.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, we do not exclude or limit our liability for any statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
- We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our new Terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
- All notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at firstname.lastname@example.org and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
- If any part of these Terms is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude or limit our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these Terms will not be affected. If we choose not to enforce any right that we have against you at any time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
- You may not assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations in these Terms to any other person.
- These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Yukon Territory and Canada, as applicable.
- The parties acknowledge that they have required that these Terms and all related documents be prepared in English. Les parties reconnaissent avoir exigé que la présente convention et tous les documents connexes soient rédigés en anglais.
Date: August 17th, 2021